Asbestos from your home
The Asbestos Reception Disposal Facility (ARDF) at La Collette will only accept construction material containing asbestos and other suitable asbestos wastes.
The Department for Infrastructure (DfI), will only accept asbestos waste removed by you from your own home.
Asbestos can give off harmful dust particles and fibres so needs to be handled with care.
We recommend that any asbestos containing materials should only be removed by professional and licenced asbestos removers.
Information leaflet about asbestos from your home
Important changes for asbestos customers
The Department for Infrastructure (DfI) has changed the way asbestos is received at our La Collette facility.
A new reception has been constructed to improve the way this hazardous waste is received.
When you deliver all asbestos, it must be wrapped in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice 8 (ACoP 8, revised 2015).
Approved Code of Practice 8 (ACoP 8, revised 2015)
The key changes are:
- customers wishing to dispose of asbestos must complete a booking form at least seven working days prior to delivery. This does not replace your legal requirement to obtain consent to the movement of hazardous waste on the road from the Department of the Environment
- all asbestos must be either double bagged and/or wrapped
- delivery drivers are required to wear PPE when either tipping and/or off-loading
- all loads will be tipped and/or off-loaded by the driver
Information about the disposal of licenced asbestos
Information about the disposal of non-licenced asbestos
Information about the disposal of asbestos cement
Asbestos booking requests
All bookings must be made by using the asbestos booking form. Bookings must be made at least seven working days prior to the disposal date.
Send the completed booking form by email to: Asbestos Disposal
You will receive an email acknowledgement, along with a date and time for delivery.
Asbestos waste booking form
Moving commercial loads of asbestos
Before you deliver any commercial loads of asbestos, you must notify the Waste Regulator:
- collect a pre-notification consignment note from the Department of the Environment
- submit the top page of your form at least three working days before the delivery
- they must receive it by the Friday before the next Wednesday opening day
- send the top page to:
- Department of the Environment
Howard Davis Farm
La Route de la Trinité
- or by email
You can find more information about consignment notes and registering as a carrier on the Hazardous Waste webpage.
Asbestos Reception opening days 2018
|May||2, 16, 30|
|October||3, 17, 31|
|Licensed material containing asbestos||£730.61 |
|Non-licensed asbestos material||£16.16 (from Monday 2 April £19.95)|
|Non-licensed asbestos cement||£16.16 (from Monday 2 April £19.95)|