Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Street party road closures

​If you would like to close a parish road for a street party, you will need permission from the Connetable. In some cases the parish roads committee and other authorities may be consulted.

Some events need a public entertainment licence from the Bailiff as well as permission from the parish. You may need to apply well in advance for a permit so you should check if you need one as soon as possible.
Licensing public entertainment 

How do I apply to close a parish road for a street party?

You must apply to the parish in writing at least 7 days in advance with the following information:

  • which road is to be closed
  • details of the event being held (the event plan) 
  • who is organising the event
  • a risk assessment
  • details of public liability insurance (at least £2 million)
  • the date and time of when the road closure is required
  • alternative routes for traffic including who will provide signage, policing etc if required
  • any areas to be designated as parking places
  • if applicable, details of Bailiff's permit

Do I need to tell anyone that I am holding a street party?

You must provide details of a road closure to:

  • emergency services and honorary police
  • utility companies (possible road works planned)
  • LibertyBus (if on a bus route)
  • residents in the immediate area
  • refuse collector
  • Jersey Gazette  (Jersey Evening Post)
Back to top
rating button