Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Public notice

Tax help desk and Treasury cashiers are moving offices to La Motte Street (Social Security) on the 22nd October

Getting married in an Anglican church

​​Marriages in an Anglican church

If you want to get married in an Anglican church, the marriage will be celebrated either by banns (the public announcement made by the church of your intention to marry) or by licence of the Dean.

You’ll need to make all arrangements through the Church of England – the rector or vicar of the church where you want to get married will tell you what to do.

If you want to get married outside your parish, you may be asked to attend that church regularly before your wedding date. 

List of Anglican churches in Jersey

Non-Anglican churches

If you want to get married in a non-Anglican church, you should contact the priest or minister at that church first.  However, you’ll still need to contact the Superintendent Registrar to get a marriage licence.

Back to top
rating button