20 September 2010
Islanders are being reminded to walk, cycle, take a bus or car share this Wednesday (22 September 2010) to mark Green Travel Day.
There will also be a Green Travel Day fair in the Royal Square from 7.30am - 2.30pm, with stalls offering:
- free bike health checks
- free bicycle security marking
- cycle and walking route information
- Eco-Active workplace travel plan toolkits
- bus information
- examples of the latest bicycle technology
Extra facilities are also being provided for the day:
- Connex is putting on 7 extra buses on the most popular routes to help with increased demand at commuter times
- extra bike parking will be available in the Royal Square by Vine Street and on the Esplanade by Gloucester Street
- marina showers on the New North Quay (next to the Maritime Museum) will be available for use by green travellers from 7.30am - 9am
- showers at Springfield Stadium will be available from 6.30am
Transport and Technical Services is also running competitions on the day, which you can enter online or in the Royal Square on Wednesday.
The Cycle Centre, Lawrence de Gruchy Cycle Shop and Boudins cycle shop have each donated a £100 voucher as prizes.