23 July 2013
Transport and Technical Services (TTS) will be replacing the traffic lights on Victoria Avenue at the junction with First Tower and the junction with La Rue du Galet from Monday 29 July. The work will take approximately one week.
The traffic lights at these two junctions are more than 14 years old and have suffered from the effects of sea, wind and sun and need to be replaced. The new equipment will use only half the power needed by the old signals.
In order to carry out the work there will be no traffic lights at these junctions for three days. For safety reasons, the following traffic restrictions will be in place:
First Tower/Victoria Avenue junction - 29-31 July
- the southbound lanes of the spur road linking the Inner Road to Victoria Avenue will be closed
- the northbound lane of the spur road linking Victoria Avenue to the Inner Road can only be accessed by a left turn from the eastbound carriageway of Victoria Avenue
- there will be no right turn from the westbound carriageway of Victoria Avenue into the spur road that links to the Inner Road
La Rue du Galet/Victoria Avenue junction - 1-3 August
- the southbound lane of Rue du Galet will be closed
- only traffic coming along the eastbound carriageway of Victoria Avenue can turn left into Rue du Galet
- there will be no right turn from the westbound carriageway of Victoria Avenue into Rue du Galet
Access to businesses and homes will be maintained at all times. To help pedestrians, TTS has arranged for temporary crossings on Victoria Avenue.
The work has been scheduled during the school holidays to avoid the higher volumes of peak hour traffic that occur during term time.
TTS would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance work.