21 October 2013
Plans showing proposed improvements to St Aubin village centre will be available for public viewing at St Brelade Parish Hall Thursday 24 October between 4 pm and 7 pm.
Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services has been working in association with the Connétable of St Brelade, Steve Pallett, to develop plans to improve the road, parking and public areas around the Parish Hall.
The plans have been shaped by the responses received by the team following the consultation held in July.
St Aubin Project Board, a community steering group set up and chaired by Mr Pallett, including representatives from the business and resident communities, have been helping with the design of the proposed improvement.
The changes to the village centre have been shaped by the responses to the earlier public consultation and include:
- a 20mph speed limit on the main road through the centre of the village
- traffic calming in the village centre
- improved layout for the buses and waiting bus passengers
- granite kerbs and paving to the pedestrian areas
- an improved layout and definition to the car parking and cycle routes around the Parish Hall.