Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Training more energy audit assessors

09 September 2019

​More islanders are being sought to become home energy auditors and provide energy assessments for homes in Jersey.

With the demand for Home Energy Audits increasing, more qualified assessors are needed to survey and measure the efficiency of properties, and then advise the owners on the most cost-effective improvements.

Anyone can apply to become an assessor, although some experience in the building industry would be helpful. Applicants will need to obtain a City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment and register with the Quidos Domestic Energy Assessor Scheme which has been approved by the Government of Jersey for undertaking home energy audits in Jersey. Accreditated assessors will be added to an existing database of professionals which can be accessed by the public on the government website.

Deputy John Young, Minister for the Environment, said: “The need for more assessors comes at a time when the island is committed to carbon neutrality after the States declared a climate emergency earlier this year. By training more auditors we hope more home owners will be encouraged to have a home energy audit and become more energy efficient.”

More trained assessors will also help with providing home energy audits that are needed to demonstrate compliance with the building bye-law requirements to make improvements to the energy performance of an existing dwelling when an extension is proposed. 

Those interested in becoming an energy assessor should contact
More details can be found on the government website.
Back to top
rating button