25 February 2021
The latest COVID-19 vaccination statistics (as at Sunday, 21 February) show that 29, 312 doses have been administered to Islanders.
As at Sunday 21 February:
- 91% of Islanders above 65 years have received first dose
- 29,312 doses of the vaccine have been administered
- 26,025 Islanders have received their first dose
- 3,287 Islanders have received both doses
- 84% of care home residents have received both doses
- 81% of care home staff have received their first dose
- 98% of Islanders aged 80+ have received their first dose
- 92% of Islanders aged 75-79 have received their first dose
- 91% of Islanders aged 70-74 have received their first dose
- 82% of Islanders aged 65-69 have received their first dose
- 79% of clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk) Islanders aged 16-69 have received their first dose of the vaccine
Head of the COVID-19 vaccination programme, Becky Sherrington said: “It’s fantastic to see that 91% of Islanders above 65 are now protected. This is a huge step forward and a great achievement which has ensured that Islanders in our first priority phase now have protection”.
Collated statistics show that a total of 29% of all adults (16+) have now received the first dose of vaccine.
The Minister for Health and Social Services, Deputy Richard Renouf said: “Our older Islanders have taken up their vaccine appointments at an incredible rate. As we move through the priority groups, it’s so important that Islanders with long term conditions that put them at increased risk, also take up the opportunity to protect themselves.
“The team have already vaccinated 38% of the moderate risk Islanders which is really promising as the vaccine has just been made available this week to further groups within this tier. We encourage everyone who has been sent a letter inviting them to book for an appointment to do so either online or calling the Helpline.”
Eligible Islanders can book their COVID-19 vaccination appointments on gov.je/vaccine or by calling the Coronavirus Freephone Helpline on 0800 735 5566.