06 October 2021
The registered unemployment report for the third quarter of 2021 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 September 2021
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 70 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 590 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 990; this total is 10 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 590 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (600 individuals) than males (390 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 410; this total is 40 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 50 higher compared with a year earlier
- of the 990 people registered as ASW, 360 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 180 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW
Read the full report