13 October 2023
The Government of Jersey has published its draft Ports Policy Framework, and launched a public consultation.
The framework contains eight key strategic priorities for the sector:
- safety and security
- strategic air connectivity
- strategic maritime connectivity and supply chain resilience
- investment in critical infrastructure
- development of the harbour and airport estates
- economic regulation and governance
- public service obligations
For each priority, the Government has set out key policy positions, and it is on these policy positions that feedback and views are sought from partners, industry, and the community. The consultation, which is on gov.je/consultations, is open until 10 November 2023.