03 November 2023
In the aftermath of Storm Ciarán, we understand that Islanders are eager to return to properties and assess the damage. We kindly request for safety that the following guidelines are followed:
- Only return to your property if it is absolutely safe to do so and please do not risk your safety.
- Before commencing any repair work, ensure it is safe to do so. If you are unsure, please wait for professional assistance. This includes turning off utilities, clearing debris, or making temporary repairs.
- For properties that have sustained significant damage, we strongly advise seeking the opinion of a property surveyor or structural engineer before entering and/or trying the collect belongings. This is to prevent potential injuries from unstable structures or hidden hazards.
- We are currently assessing our Government / public buildings and facilities, but please report any observed damage to these buildings due to Storm Ciarán to our Jersey Property Holdings helpdesk on 449222 or the out of hours duty maintenance officer on 07797 749 222. This helps us assess the overall impact and direct resources where they are needed most.
- For private properties please speak to landlord or the below structural / infrastructure engineers:
Darren Sowney 01534 856566
Colin Tadier 07797 722259
Andy Romeril 07797 733378
T&G (structural and drainage engineers) 01534 867070 (24h) Marcus Taylor 07797 717 847
Landslide, Geotech, Flooding – Richard Sutton 07700 348703
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in these trying times.
Our island community's safety and well-being are our top priority, as you all recover and rebuild following Storm Ciarán.