Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Renting a room in your home

​Income from renting rooms in your own home is taxable. Examples include income from:

  • lodgers
  • foreign language students
  • holiday makers
  • paying guests

Flat rate deduction

Declare the total income you've received on your personal tax return and we'll give you a flat rate deduction in your income tax assessment as follows:

​Sleeping only
​Meals supplied
​25% deduction
​50% deduction

This flat rate deduction applies to small scale activities. It doesn't apply to registered guest houses.

Concessions and practice: lodgers and paying guests

Filling out your tax return

If you need help filling out the renting a room in your home section of your tax return watch our help video.

Renting a room in your home: tax form help 

Back to top
rating button