Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of Jerseygov.je

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:

  • gov.je

    Update your notification preferences

  • one.gov.je

    Access government and parish services

  • CAESAR

    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

2014 retention tax payments made to the EU member states

​A total of £2.17 million in retention tax has been sent to EU member states. This is 75% of the total tax retained. The remaining 25% (£725,000) is retained by the Treasury under the terms of the agreements.

Year 2014 (distributed June 2015)
​GBP​EUR​USD​Sterling total
​Austria​15,458​230​0​15,645
​Belgium​39,663​106​3,304​41,745
​Bulgaria​326​0​81​375
​Cyprus​50,577​0​7,141​54,892
​Czech Republic​1,127​54​629​1,551
​Germany​59,997​1,721​2,297​62,779
​Denmark​13,446​0​18​13,456
​Estonia​0​0​0​0
​Spain​191,306​769​5,918​195,504
​Finland​5,327​0​0​5,327
​France​176,922​1,959​7,609​183,106
​Great Britain​1,107,924​15,929​76,958​1,167,326
​Greece​49,575​436​15,669​59,396
​Croatia​804​0​0​804
​Hungary​3,269​33​31,888​22,563
​Ireland​76,033​666​2,183​77,891
​Italy​110,790​4,849​2,935​116,491
​Lithuania​26​0​0​26
​Luxembourg​2,770​0​0​2,770
​Latvia​71​0​0​71
​Malta​37,946​176​711​38,519
​Netherlands​32,811​1,965​3,655​36,610
​Poland​2,871​0​260​3,028

​Portugal

​40,353​723​1,492​41,840
​Romania​2,897​0​0​2,897
​Sweden​27,307​0​4,406​29,969
​Slovenia​207​0​0​207
​Slovak Republic​15​0​0​15
​Above total​2,049,815​29,617​167,155​2,174,804
​Jersey​638,608​9,878​55,724​725,279
​Overall total​2,733,422​39,495​222,879​2,900,083

Supplementary information

  1. When the EU member states implemented, with effect from 1 July 2005, a directive on the taxation of savings income, Jersey, in common with a number of other dependent or associated territories of the member states and five European third countries (Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Switzerland) agreed to support the European Union by applying a withholding / retention tax to savings income arising in the Island, the beneficial owner of which is an individual who resides in a Member State. Within the EU, Austria and Luxembourg are also applying a withholding tax. The remaining member states of the European Union are automatically exchanging information on savings income.

  2. The States of Jersey enacted the Taxation (Agreements with European Union Member States) (Jersey) Regulations 2005. Under these regulations, the Comptroller of Taxes is appointed as the Competent Authority for the collection of the tax and its remittance to the relevant Member States.

  3. For the first three years (July 2005 to July 2008) retention tax was at the rate of 15%; for the following three years (July 2008 to July 2011) the rate was 20%; and thereafter the rate has been set at 35%.​

​Archived retenti​on tax payments made to the EU Member States

2013 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

2012 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States​

​2011 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

2010 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

2009 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

2008 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

2007 retention tax payments made to the EU Member States

Back to top
rating button