How to tell us
There are 3 simple steps you need to take:
- Gather information: you might need to access historic information such as bank records or accounts.
- Disclose: Make your full disclosure online using this form. Tax disclosure form
- Pay: once you've made your disclosure, we'll tell you how much you owe and how to pay.
Reasons you might need to make a voluntary disclosure
You should make a disclosure if you have:
- submitted returns that don't include all your income
- submitted returns that are incorrect such as understating your income, or claiming an allowance you're not entitled to
- not submitted returns at all
Returns can include:
- annual tax returns for people or businesses
- GST returns
- monthly employer ITIS returns
- other statements or documents that you have provided to the Taxes Office in support of a tax return
Types of income you may need to tell us about
We will take into account that you made a voluntary disclosure when we calculate any settlement figure.
Disclosure help and advice
If you need any help call the tax disclosure helpline.