Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Voluntary disclosure information

‚ÄčVoluntary disclosure help

A voluntary disclosures is not about getting a tax ruling, or a chance to enter a discussion about an interpretation of the law. It's about putting your taxes right.

If you're not sure you need to make a disclosure, our guidance tells you the types of income that some people forget to put on their returns.

Types of income you need to tell us about 

If you're under investigation

You can't make a voluntary disclosure if you're already under investigation, or if we start an investigation before you make the disclosure.

An investigation is a process where we seek more information, because we think a person or business has made an inaccurate declaration. The purpose of the investigation is to work out the correct tax. Routine enquiries into a tax return for example, where we might ask for a certificate as proof or request a breakdown of expenses, are not investigations.

You are likely to be under investigation if you're in correspondence with a Compliance Manager or Compliance Officer. If you're not sure, call the tax disclosure helpline to find out.

If you've been investigated in the past

You can still tell us using the disclosure form. You may also be given credit for coming forward voluntarily.

Making a disclosure

Your disclosure:

  • must contain all the facts relevant to your tax affairs that we don't know about
  • should be done using our online form

If you can't use the online form, you can ask someone to make a disclosure on your behalf. Failing that, call the disclosure helpline for a paper form.

Accurate records not kept

If you can't provide exact details, because you haven't kept accurate records, then provide your best estimate. You'll need to show us how you have arrived at your figures.

Data protection

As a data controller under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005, the Taxes Office is required to process personal data fairly and lawfully.

We're collecting information for the purpose of the assessment and collection of tax. We won't share your information with anyone, except under limited situations, for example when we're legally obliged to share information with the law enforcement agencies.


Back to top
rating button