Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

To help prevent the spread of coronavirus, everyone in Jersey is now ordered to stay at home.

Broken down vehicles in parking areas

​My car has broken down in a car park

If your car has broken down in a car park, you can leave it there but you must display the right amount of enough paycards to cover the amount of time until it is collected.

It is not enough to place a note on the vehicle saying it has broken down.

Your vehicle must also be left correctly parked inside a marked bay.

If possible, contact the Parking Control Office to advise them of the circumstances. There is an answerphone for out-of-hours calls, so leave a contact number as well as the details and location of your vehicle.

If your car breaks down in a short stay car park during the weekend, and your garage is closed, then you should contact the Parking Control Office to tell them. You must ensure that you have displayed enough paycards to cover your vehicle's stay in that car park.

My car has broken down in a residents’ parking zone

If your car has broken down in a residents' parking zone, then you should contact the Parish of St Helier (+44 (0) 1534 811811) for advice.

My car has broken down on a street

If your car has broken down on a street, you should contact the Parking Control Office with the details. They will be able to give you advice.​

Back to top
rating button