Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Travelling to countries outside the EU with a pet dog or cat

Tell us as soon as possible

​If you're exporting an animal to a country outside the EU, you will need to contact the States Veterinary Department as soon as you can as the process to export pets can take several months.

How to travel outside the EU with your pet ​

You must find out the requirements of the importing country, and if the authorities will accept an Export Health Certificate (EHC) issued in Jersey.

If there is no EHC agreement, it may be possible to prepare one but this can take several months.

You must make sure the pet complies with all the requirements of t​he EHC and a have a local vet complete the EHC.

When we receive an application form, and if there is an agreed EHC, we will issue an EHC to the nominated vet.

Application for an official export certificate for dogs and cats

Back to top
rating button