About our apprenticeships
An apprenticeship is often one of the first steps for anyone who is entering the world of work. We offer a fun, challenging and technical work environment which can lead to a rewarding career, whilst serving the public of Jersey to maintain our island and its infrastructure.
We have been committed to training school leavers and our future generation through apprenticeships since 2005. Throughout this time we have seen our apprentices grow into fully competent technicians and upon completion they have successfully progressed their career within the department or in the private sector.
Salary during our apprenticeship
We understand that doing an apprenticeship, learning the technical and academic skills to succeed can take a long time, therefore the benefit of an apprenticeship is the ability to learn and train whilst receiving a paid salary.
Apprenticeships we offer
Our department is a diverse place to work and we currently offer apprenticeships in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Pumping Stations Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Parks and Garden Maintenance
Structure of training
Training is usually structured as follows:
- a 4 year apprenticeship combining work experience and day release to Highlands College on the appropriate academic course
- fixed term contract, therefore no guarantee of a permanent post within the department at the end of the 4 year term
- possible short term placements in other Government of Jersey departments or private sector organisations which will complement your training and add value to your experiences
- allocation of a workplace coach and mentor
- off island training if required
Qualifications to apply
If you have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) of which 3 of those are Maths, English and Science, you can apply for a role with Infrastructure, Housing and Environment.
How to apply
Applications for apprentice placements are normally open every two years.
For more information contact Trackers directly on +44 (0) 1534 449180 or email email@example.com.
You can find further information on how to apply at trackers: the apprentice programme