Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
gov.je

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Skills training grants: Skills Accelerator

​Scheme closed for applications

The Skills Accelerator scheme is now closed. ​ ​​

What the skills training grant is for

The Skills Accelerator scheme provides grants to give skills training to employees, with the aim of making a difference to the sustainability or development of their employer's business.

Skills training may include vocational or specialist training, support for personal development or training for a new role.

Funding preference

We will give funding preference to:

  • small and medium businesses (usually one to 30 employees)
  • businesses other than finance and legal services
  • the use of local (Jersey-based) training providers

Grant amounts

You can get a grant of up to 75% of your training costs, up to a maximum of £4,000. The remaining 25% must be funded by you, your employer or a third party.​ 

Eligibility criteria: who can apply for a grant

Employer information

As an employer, you must meet certain criteria before your employee can apply for a grant. For example, you must:

  • be locally registered and insured
  • have been trading for more than six months
  • provide a supporting business case for your employee

You should download and read the guidance notes carefully as they explain in detail what you must do before applying for a grant. 

The application form includes s​ections for you and your employee to each complete.

Employee information

You should download and read the guidance notes below for more detail about the criteria an employee must meet ​before they can apply for a Skills Accelerator grant. 

The application form includes sections for you and your employer to each complete.​

Download Skills Accelerator guidance notes (size 231kb)​

Back to top
rating button