Advance Plus offers industry-specific programmes lasting up to 13 weeks that include training and work placements that help anyone who is unemployed, and aged 20 and above, back into work.
To gain a place on an Advance Plus scheme, delegates will have to demonstrate an interest in the industry, and may have previously worked in it, and they are interviewed to assess their suitability.
Programmes are run in the following industries:
During each Advance Plus programme delegates undertake industry-specific training and development followed by up to five weeks in an unpaid work placement. There is an additional four-week job search and application period, if required.
Advance Plus benefits to employers
Offering work placements provides:
- the opportunity to ‘trial’ a possible future employee without the costs of advertising and recruitment
- additional help and support for your business
- the chance to give something back to the community and help the local employment market
- the satisfaction of helping an individual and their family feel valued, and believe in the possibility of a better future
Each programme accepts a maximum of 14 people, with three to four different programme operating at any one time.
Advance Plus success rate
In 2013, 64% of delegates who completed a programme secured paid employment. Although no employer is obliged to offer a job, many delegates were offered employment directly from their placement.
- provide invaluable skills and work experience
- help raise delegates' self-esteem
- provide a stepping stone into employment elsewhere
We value our partnership with local employers and put a great deal of care and effort into getting to know the kind of person and skill set they are looking for.
When this formula works well, businesses can effectively use Advance Plus as their preferred recruitment recruitment tool.
Get involved in Advance Plus
If you think you may be able to provide a work placement or would like to know more about the scheme, please contact the Advance Plus team by email or calling +44(0)1534 449460.
Email the Advance Plus team