What is the Jersey Innovation Fund (JIF)?
The Jersey Innovation Fund (JIF) provides loans and business support to entrepreneurs, start-ups and established organisations that want to bring new and innovative products or services to the market.
The innovation fund is currently under review and it’s unlikely any new applications will be considered in 2016.
Criteria for applications to the Jersey Innovation Fund (JIF)
We invite applications to the JIF from anyone seeking financial support for a new business idea, product or service.
You can apply to the fund if you're:
- an individual
- a sole trader
- a corporate body
- a third sector organisation
- a business
- a partnership
You can only apply if:
- the total amount requested is less than £500,000
- the application is in sterling
- the project will be located in Jersey
How to apply to the Jersey Innovation Fund (JIF)
You should download the application form below and submit it alongside a business plan to the JIF executive officer.
The application process is:
- a completed application form and business plan should be submitted to the JIF executive officer
- your application will be assessed by the JIF advisory board, who will let you know if your application will go to the next stage
based upon the recommendation of the JIF advisory board, the final decision to award funding is made by the minister for Economic Development
- you may be asked for additional information so your application can be assessed for its economic impact
Download JIF application form (size 628kb)
Download JIF application guidance notes (size 143kb)
Email JIF Executive Officer
Help with business or financial plans
If you need support to develop your business or financial plans, you can contact Jersey Business or Digital Jersey for free advice.
Jersey Business website
Digital Jersey website