Getting an interview with the States of Jersey
Our Guaranteed Interview Scheme means that if you have a disability, and you meet the essential criteria for the job, you will be invited to interview. The essential criteria for the job are the key skills, knowledge and experience needed to perform the role, and can be found in the job description.
What does 'disability' mean?
A person has a disability if:
- they have a physical or mental impairment, and
- the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to perform normal day-to-day activities
Making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process
We'll discuss your needs with you before the interview and make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process.
Examples of reasonable adjustments include:
- allowing more time to complete a test
- giving verbal instructions, if for example you have dyslexia
- changing a venue if you need wheelchair access
If you need reasonable adjustments to be made because of your disability, indicate this on your application form.
If you are selected for the position
If you have a disability and are selected for a position, we'll make reasonable adjustments to your workplace, including:
- work duties
- practices and policies
For more information on employment and disability, refer to Jersey Employment Trust’s guide 'Employment and disability: a good practice guide for employers in Jersey’.
Employers' good practice guide on Jersey Employment Trust website