|Published by||Parish of St Ouen|
|Date published||31 May 2023|
The Parish of St Ouen Rates List is available for inspection from 7 June 2023 to 21 June 2023 inclusive:
- through the parish website stouen.je (“do it online”) use the three part code near the QR code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital Notice
- at the Parish Hall during normal working hours
Members of the Assessment Committee will be available on Wednesday 14 June, 2023 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm to discuss any queries you may have. Please telephone +44 (0) 1534 481619 to make an appointment.
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a Review of the rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List.
An application for Review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or at stouen.je or Request a Review online)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters, whichever is the greater)
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic / non domestic you must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before Thursday 22 June 2023 to the Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall, La Grande Route de St. Ouen, St. Ouen, JE3 2HY
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 (4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rate List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rate List of the Parish of St. Ouen for 2023.