|Published by||External Relations|
|Date published||29 September 2020|
The UK Global Human Rights Sanctions Regulations 2020 (“the UK Regulation”) made under the Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018 has been amended so that an asset freeze now applies to the persons listed in the Annex to this Notice.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
The following designations have been made and are now subject to an asset freeze:
- ATABEKOV Khazalbek Bakhtibekovich
- BALABA, Dmitry
- BARSUKOV, Alexander Petrovich
- KARAYEV, Yuri
- LUKASHENKO Alexander Ryhoravich
- LUKASHENKO, Viktor Aliaksandravich
- NAZARENKO, Yuri Gennadyevich
- SERGEENKO, Igor Petrovich
The identifying information has been updated for the following and remains subject to an asset freeze:
What you must do
- check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations (“MER”)
- report any findings to MER, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with the Regulation.
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MER may request. Information reported to MER may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement
Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
The Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (UK Human Rights Designations) (Jersey) Order 2020 (‘the Order’), made under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”), links to the UK Regulation.
Any asset-freeze designations made under the UK Regulation are effective immediately in Jersey.
Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
Annex to notice