Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Community and Constitutional Affairs

19 February 2018

Children’s Commissioner launches Island-wide consultation and logo competition

Online surveys have been developed available for children aged from three to eighteen years old.


The Department for Community and Constitutional Affairs (CCA) aims to improve the quality of life of everyone living in Jersey by helping create a safe, just and fairer society. 

The department is responsible for policy support to Ministers in the following main areas:

  • Home Affairs and Criminal Justice Policy
  • Building a Safer Society Strategy
  • Constitutional and Justice Policy (as detailed in States Assembly proposition number P.92/2013)
  • Legislation Advisory Panel
  • Housing Policy and the Strategic Housing Unit
  • Social Policy
  • Medical Officer of Health and Public Health Policy
  • Children's Policy
  • Registered authority for the Jersey Vetting Bureau
  • Regulation of Care and Medical Professionals

The following arms-length functions are supported by the Department:

  • Jersey Police Authority and the Independent Custody Visitors
  • Jersey Police Complaints Authority
  • Independent Prison Monitoring Board
  • Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
  • Jersey Law Commission
  • Charities Commissioner
  • Care Commission
  • Children Commissioner for Jersey
  • Safeguarding Partnership Boards
  • Cadet Corps
  • Community Relations Trust

The Department supports the coordinated implementation of the following strategies:

  • Food and Nutrition Strategy 2017-2022 (R.85/2017) (July 2017)
  • Disability Strategy (R.57/2017) (May 2017)
  • Tobacco Strategy 2017-2022 (R.129/2016) (Dec 2016)
  • Building a Safer Society: Community Safety and Substance Misuse Strategy 2016-2019 (R.111/2016) (Oct 2016)
  • Housing Strategy (R.29/2016) (March 2016)
  • Domestic Abuse Strategy 2016-2019, Safeguarding Partnership Board (Nov 2016)
  • Child Sexual Exploitation Strategy 2014-2016, Safeguarding Partnership Board (March 2014)
  • Skin Cancer Prevention Strategy (March 2014 R.143)


The Department is responsible for the following public services:


Deputy Kristina Moore

Minister for Home Affairs
01534 445507

Const Deidre Mezbourian

Asst Minister Home Affairs
01534 445507

Senator Ian Gorst

Chief Minister
01534 440400

Senator Paul Routier

Assistant Chief Minister
01534 440400

Deputy Anne Pryke

Minister for Housing
01534 440547

Senator Sir Philip Bailhache

Chair of Legislation Advisory panel
01534 440401

Senator Andrew Green

Minister for Health and Social Services
01534 442891

Senior management team

Tom Walker

Chief Officer for CCA
01534 447923

Elizabeth Middleton

Finance Director
01534 447929

Susan Turnbull

Chief Medical Officer of Health
01534 445775

Mark James

Chief Fire Officer / Emergency Planning Officer
01534 445900

Bill Millar

Prison Governor
01534 441808

David Nurse

Head of Customs and Immigration Service
01534 448099

Charlie Montgomery

OC of The Jersey Field Squadron
01534 447104

Dr Helen Miles

Director of Criminal Justice
01534 440562

Andrew Metcalfe

Director of Constitutional Affairs and Justice Policy
01534 440725

Andrew Heaven

Director of Children's Policy
01534 440511

Ruth Johnson

Director of Social Policy
01534 440049

Rob Bastable

Chief Police
01534 612502

Julian Blazeby

Deputy Police Chief
01534 612502

Documents, policies and publications

Making an FOI request

Read about Freedom of Information (FOI) and how to make a request.

Check our response log to see if we've already answered your question.

Make a new request by using the Freedom of information request form.

Back to top
rating button