Nuclear attack emergency plans (FOI)
Nuclear attack emergency plans (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 24 October 2016.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
In the event of a nuclear attack against France or United Kingdom, what contingency does Jersey have as far as the following?
- communicating to the population what is happening / what they should do / where should they go
- providing adequate shelter for the population
- providing supplies of safe food and water
- providing medical care (doctors, medication)
The States of Jersey does not hold a specific plan dealing with a nuclear attack, therefore answers to your specific questions cannot be given.
However, a response to a Freedom of Information request of a very similar nature to this one was issued on 29 October 2015. Please see the link below:
Island plans in event of nuclear attack (FOI)
This will provide you with the current States of Jersey rationale, plus other useful information.
Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011
23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.