Commercial premises fires (FOI)
Commercial premises fires (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 23 February 2017.
Currently, we are looking to understand commercial fire risk in the UK. We started with the London Fire Brigade incident data, and are now expanding our study to include the South Western region, so far we have the Eastern region signed up. The outcome of the study will be to identify which types of property are particularly susceptible to fire. We'd be very happy to share our results with your fire prevention team if they're interested.
The specific fields we're looking for are below, and the date range is from April 2009 to present. We are interested only in non-residential (commercial) fires.
- location of start of fire
- extent of flame and heat damage
Attached are two reports containing the data requested. The information may differ slightly between reports due to the incident reporting system changing over time.
Download Commercial premises fire data 2009 04 01 to 2015 04 07 20170307 (size 313kb)
Download Commercial premises fire data 2015 04 08 to 2017 02 17 20170307 (size 211kb)
Given the nature of your research please be aware of the following:
- Jersey is not represented in the UK Parliament and does not form part of the UK. The UK Parliament does not legislate for the Island without its consent
- Jersey has its own Parliament – the Assembly of the States of Jersey (‘the States’)
- The States of Jersey has its own Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation. This differs from the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in use in the UK