Staffing permissions removed (FOI)
Staffing permissions removed (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 03 May 2017.
Could you please confirm the exact number of work licences and category of work licences, that have been removed in 2017 up to Monday 24 April 2017?
Also please list the sector from which these licences have been removed.
Each quarter we publish data on staffing permissions that have been requested, granted, refused and removed. The information for the first quarter of 2017 (January to March) can be found on the following link:
Population Office figures for January to March 2017
For the purposes of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 the information requested for the first quarter of 2017 is therefore exempt under Article 23 of the law as it is accessible by other means.
The information for the second quarter of 2017 will be published in the first two weeks of July 2017 online and in the same location as existing published data.
It is therefore exempt under Article 36 of the law as it is intended for future publication.
Article 23 - Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 36 - Information intended for future publication
(1) Information is qualified exempt information if, at the time when the request for the information is made, the information is being held by a public authority with a view to its being published within 12 weeks of the date of the request.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant –
(a) of the date when the information will be published;
(b) of the manner in which it will be published; and
(c) by whom it will be published.
(3) In this Article, “published” means published –
(a) by a public authority; or
(b) by any other person.