Civil litigation search service (FOI)
Civil litigation search service (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 27 July 2017.
We were wondering if it's possible to obtain civil litigation information about RBC CEES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (77856) and what's the process of acquiring it?
Please be advised that we are only interested in the following information: case number, year of judgment, court, parties and verdict.
Civil litigation information is available as results from the civil litigation search service provided, for a charge, by the Judicial Greffe. As such this information is already reasonably available to the applicant and is therefore absolutely exempt under Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011.
The procedure for using the Judicial Greffe litigation search service is as follows:
1. All requests for litigation searches must be made by e-mail to the following address:
2. Requests must be made by no later than 5:00pm on the day prior to the date you wish the search to being carried out.
3. You will be informed by email of the results of your search before close of business on the day the search is carried out.
4. The search will identify the names of the parties, dates and the court reference (if any) in the following types of civil cases:
- any case where the Royal Court has granted judgment (including judgment by consent) against the target name within the past 10 years
- any case in which the target name appears as a defendant or third party on a case placed on the pending list within the past 10 years and that case remains on the pending list
- any case in which the target name appears as a defendant or third party on a case that has been adjourned sine die within the past five years
5. The search will not identify any cases:
- where proceedings have been withdrawn (having been settled out of court) and there is no judgment by consent
- the plaintiff has requested in court that the action be “cassé”
- where the action is deemed withdrawn by operation of Rule 6/25(1) of the Royal Court Rules 2004
6. The cost for each litigation search is £30.00 per half hour or part thereof.
7. Invoices are raised by “The Treasurer of the States” and can be paid on line, direct debit or by cheque.
23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.