Costs of educating a child at a Jersey state funded school (FOI)
Costs of educating a child at a Jersey state funded school (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 17 February 2015.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Cost of educating a child between the Reception year and Year 11 at a States of Jersey non-fee paying school.
The approximate cost to the States of educating a child between the reception year and Year 11 in a States non-fee paying school is £63,363.
This is based on the budget allocation and number of pupils in each school as at February 2015.
Please note the following criteria and exclusions in arriving at this figure:
- figures have been calculated using the 2015 Budget allocation to schools
- it is not possible to determine actual costs by school age / year
- figures are for States non-fee paying schools only
- costs for each school are generally grouped into staff and non-staff for the school as a whole. Non-staff costs are further categorised into Supplies & Services, Utilities, School Subject, Maintenance costs etc. They are not coded or categorised by year
- excluded: Special Educational Needs (SEN) support e.g. central Educational Support Team, SEN Inclusion school
- excluded: Schools and Colleges support e.g. Evaluation & Standards
- excluded: central resource overheads e.g. Finance, IT
- excluded: contribution (if any) from School Funds (money raised by the school through fund raising activities etc)