Super League Triathlon viewing statistics (FOI)
Super League Triathlon viewing statistics (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 05 March 2018.
The States of Jersey issued a press release on 5 February 2018:
Super League Triathlon returns
It is stated that the Super League Triathlon was watched by over 375 million viewers across the globe. Given that 27.3 million viewers watched the opening ceremony of the London Olympics on the BBC, the viewership claimed by the Super League Triathlon seems excessively high. According to Reuters , 342 million people worldwide watched the opening ceremony of the London Olympics. See the article below
Reuters Olympic Games article
With this in mind, please can you provide:
A list of all broadcasters and their locations which broadcast the Super League Triathlon, ie which locations could viewers watch the Super League Triathlon on a TV station?
More detailed statistics relating to viewers who watched online via the Super League Triathlon official channels?
Super League Triathlon links on YouTube
Details on the viewership information supplied to the States of Jersey to allow decision making?
Any emails between Super League Triathlon officials and States of Jersey officials, discussing or mentioning viewership, viewers or audience of the event on online and also TV based channels?
Details on how the return on investment (for the Island) is calculated?
A to C
Please see the document below received by Super League Triathlon following the 2017 event which detailed the media reach.
2017 Super League Triathlon Media research
No information is held.
The return on investment is assessed in a number of ways. Please see the document below for the Spectator Research undertaken by Visit Jersey Limited.
2017 Super League Triathlon Spectator Research
Below are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) contained within the Grant Agreement from the Tourism Development Fund used to evaluate the success of the event.
The success of the Project will be measured against the following:
- a minimum of 40 international championship triathletes compete in the event
- where possible, a minimum of two local championship standard triathletes compete in the event
- a minimum of 4000 local spectators attending the event
- a minimum of 1000 international spectators visiting the island to attend the event
- all participating athletes racing in Jersey branded race uniforms
- a minimum of 360 minutes of live programming broadcast live across a number of television partners and streamed live on the Super League Triathlon website.
Jersey Brand (Visit Jersey)
- net Promotor score (from research) for Jersey at time of event (benchmark established)
- prominent display of destination Jersey logo on athletes clothing
- #theislandbreak integrated into Super League Triathlon messaging
- total global network reach of 300 million prior, during and after the event
- social media to include Facebook live athletes’ Q & As, Instagram live
- establish benchmark in 2017 for Jersey’s capacity to host this scale of international event
- public health - establish how many say that seeing the event makes them want to participate in more physical activity