Total income tax paid by residents of each parish (FOI)
Total income tax paid by residents of each parish (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 05 July 2018.
For the last year where complete information is available, please provide for each of the twelve parishes, the total amount of income tax payable by residents of each parish.
The last complete year where information is available is the year of assessment 2016.
Table: Amount of tax payable by residents, by parish (Year of Assessment 2016)
|St Mary|| £10m|
|St John|| £16m|
1. All data is based on the taxpayer’s residential address. Any taxpayer with a residential address outside of Jersey is excluded.
2. The Net Tax Payable values are rounded to the nearest million. Net Tax Payable is the amount of tax owed by the taxpayer less any tax subject to an appeal.
3. The above table is inclusive of individuals (married / civil partnership couples, single individuals) and therefore excludes all companies, non-profit organisations, charities, trusts etc.
4. Any taxpayers who received tax rebates in 2016 are excluded from the table.
5. The figures in the table are not directly comparable to those published in the States of Jersey Report and Accounts as revenue recognition in the Report and Accounts includes payables from multiple years of assessment.
6. All data has been extracted from Taxes Office systems in June 2018 and may differ from previously published statistics due to methodological differences and reassessments.