Income Support and employment statistics (FOI)
Income Support and employment statistics (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 12 February 2019.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Can you provide, to the most recent year as possible, the number of unemployed people receiving income support (excluding OAPs), the number of employed people receiving income support and the total number of people employed in that same year?
Please refer to the Minister’s Report 2017, Social Security Department, pages 50-51, which can be found at the following link:
Minister’s Report 2017
The number of Income Support claims with no adult with earnings are 1,917 and the number of Income Support claims with at least one adult with earnings are 2,120.
Information for the total number of people employed for December 2017 can be found at the following link:
Labour market for December 2017
The most up to date information for the total number of people employed is for June 2018 and can be found at the following link:
Labour market statistics
The December 2018 labour market survey will be published on 5 April 2019
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 36 Information intended for future publication
(1) Information is qualified exempt information if, at the time when the request for the information is made, the information is being held by a public authority with a view to its being published within 12 weeks of the date of the request.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant –
(a) of the date when the information will be published;
(b) of the manner in which it will be published; and
(c) by whom it will be published.
(3) In this Article, “published” means published –
(a) by a public authority; or
(b) by any other person.