Employment licenses (FOI)
Employment licenses (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 08 April 2019.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Can you please tell me the number of Licenses for staff and Permissions for Registered staff are currently in circulation including any that are unused? Please include those held by temp agencies.
Each quarter and annually the Government of Jersey publish data regarding Registered and Licensed permissions that have been requested, granted, refused, removed and held by industry sector. This data is available from the site below and includes unused permissions. The 2019 Quarter 1 data will be published shortly.
The current level of Registered permissions held by Employment Agencies is 184, and is included within the published data below:
Population Office reports and documents
The Labour Market Reports published by Statistics Jersey provide employment information by an individual’s residential and employment status and by the industry sector ie the number of permissions being used at a point in time.
This data is available from the site below:
Labour market report June 2018
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 36 Information intended for future publication
(1) Information is qualified exempt information if, at the time when the request for the information is made, the information is being held by a public authority with a view to its being published within 12 weeks of the date of the request.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant –
(a) of the date when the information will be published;
(b) of the manner in which it will be published; and
(c) by whom it will be published.
(3) In this Article, “published” means published –
(a) by a public authority; or
(b) by any other person.