Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Complaints processes (FOI)

Complaints processes (FOI)

Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 16 July 2019.
Prepared internally, no external costs.


Mr. Nicholson McBride's Independent Assessor's Executive Summary, on page 21 states the following:

"There is now a complaints strategy, though this may require further publicising. Historically, complaints have just been ignored".

I would like a copy of page 21.

I would like to know where a complaint can be made.

I would also like to know whether a complaint about a Miscarriage of Justice can also be made at the same department.


A copy of Mr. Nicholson McBride's Independent Assessor's Executive Summary is available at the following link:

Independent Assessor's Executive Summary

The statement on page 21 referred to in the request appears under the heading ‘Third-Party Comments’. A copy of page 21 is attached below:

Appraisal Report - Year One - January 2019 - Page 21

There are many ways that customers can make complaints to the Government of Jersey, including:

1. in person – at any public government building 2. on –

3. by phone – by calling 444444 or speaking to a department or colleague directly

4. by email – or emailing a department or colleague directly

5. by post – Government Feedback, PO Box 55, St Helier, JE4 8PE.

The Court Service is not a part of the Government of Jersey. A complaint regarding a miscarriage of justice would not be handled by the Government of Jersey. There are a wide range of mechanisms for addressing complaints regarding miscarriages of justice which depend on the nature of the complaint. For more procedural advice you may contact the Judicial Greffe.

Back to top
rating button