Social security contributions by employees, employers and the self-employed 2013 (FOI)
Social security contributions by employees, employers and the self-employed 2013 (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 30 January 2015.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
I wondered if you could let me know the total social security contributions made by employees, employers and self-employed people during 2013, like you kindly did for 2012’s numbers. As in the past the States’ accounts don’t show this.
If you can possibly split this total as follows that would be great:
- employee contributions at 6 per cent
- employer contributions, split by 6 ½ and 2 per cent contributions
- self-employed, split between 12 ½ and 2 per cent contributions
The information you requested is below.
The figures below are the total of actual contributions received for 2013 (as at Dec 17 2014) using the quarterly "all contributions" report.
- these figures will not match the accounts, as the accounts will include accruals.
- the actual contributions received for a year can, and do, change when backdated credits and debits are applied to clients contributions records in the preceding months and (occasionally) years after that year.
Total contributions received for 2013 = £185,073,001