CYPES use of external consultants (FOI)
CYPES use of external consultants (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 07 November 2019.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Please respond to the questions below in relation to the use by CYPES of [Name Redacted] as an external consultant.
Date of initial engagement / employment
Projects worked on for the Government of Jersey since becoming employed / engaged by the Government of Jersey (GoJ)
Daily or monthly rate of engagement / employment (including expenses - travel / accommodation)
Total cost to date of engagement / employment
Confirmation of how the decision to engage was made eg tender or quote selection process
Expected date when the engagement / employment is likely to cease
Confirmation of whether the original contract has been extended
Name of the accounting officer responsible for the engagement
Outcomes / outputs of the work undertaken to date with examples of the difference this has made.
Confirmation of the evaluation process used to assess the work undertaken
The scope of the role undertaken covers the development of:
* The offer for children in care
* The entitlement for care leavers
* The framework and model for prevention and early intervention (right help right time)
The role also provides:
* Business support for Jersey cares
* Support for the target operating model
* Other consultancy support
The information requested is available within a previous Freedom of Information response available at the following link:
Total costs paid are £199k from April 2018 to the start of October 2019.
The decision for engagement was made following a rate negotiation based on a comparison of market rates.
The requirement for the role is reviewed quarterly with an end date of 31 December 2019.
The original agreement was for 2-3 days a week which remains appropriate for the business requirements.
The Director General of Children Young People, Education and Skills.
Specification and impacts have been completed for the scope of the work outlined in point 2 above. Key deliverables have been produced in line with business requirements and are managed by the Director General of Children Young People, Education and Skills.
The role completes monthly 1-2-1 meetings with the Director General and other relevant Directors.
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.