Members of the Jersey Misuse of Drugs Advisory Council (FOI)
Members of the Jersey Misuse of Drugs Advisory Council (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 05 October 2015.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Who are all of the members of the Jersey Misuse of Drugs Advisory Council?
How are members of the Jersey MDAC chosen?
Dr Bailey is the Chairman
Assistant Director Investigation, Customs and Immigration
Chief Probation Officer
Alcohol & Drug Service Director
Representative from the States of Jersey Police
Medical Officer of Health
Assistant Director, Education, Sports and Culture
Representative from the Law Officers Department
Members of the Council are chosen by the Bailiff in accordance with Schedule 1 Article 2 of the Misuse of Drugs (Jersey) Law 1978.
Constitution of Advisory Council on Misuse of Drugs
1. The members of the Council, of whom there shall be not less than 10, shall be appointed by the Bailiff after consultation with the Minister and such other bodies as the Bailiff considers appropriate, and shall include
(a) the Attorney General and the Medical Officer of Health;
(b) in relation to each of the activities specified in paragraph 2, at least one person appearing to the Bailiff to have wide and recent experience of that activity; and
(c) persons appearing to the Bailiff to have wide and recent experience of social problems connected with the misuse of drugs.
2. The activities referred to in paragraph 1(b) are
(a) the practice of medicine (other than veterinary medicine);
(b) the practice of dentistry;
(c) the practice of veterinary medicine;
(d) the practice of pharmacy;
(e) chemistry (other than pharmaceutical chemistry).
3. The Bailiff shall appoint one of the members of the Council to be chairman.
4. The Council may appoint sub committees, which may consist in part of persons who are not members of the Council to consider and report to the Council on any matter referred to them by the Council.
5. At a meeting of the Council the quorum shall be five.
6. Subject to the foregoing provisions of this Schedule the Council may determine its own procedure.