Hospitalisation of under 25's following Covid-19 vaccination (FOI)
Hospitalisation of under 25's following Covid-19 vaccination (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 04 August 2021.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Please can you tell me how many people under the age of 25 have been hospitalised since taking either one or two Covid-19 vaccinations
Information relating to the number of hospitalisations following the Covid-19 vaccination has been provided as part of a previous Freedom of Information response:
Hospitalisations following Covid-19 vaccinations (FOI)
Therefore, Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied to the request as the information is accessible by other means.
However, to further breakdown the figures by age would lead to small numbers of patients being presented in the data. Therefore, in order to protect the identity of patients, Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied.
Article 23 - Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
(3) In determining for the purposes of this Article whether the lawfulness principle in Article 8(1)(a) of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 would be contravened by the disclosure of information, paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 2 to that Law (legitimate interests) is to be read as if sub-paragraph (b) (which disapplies the provision where the controller is a public authority) were omitted.