Government of Jersey Customer Feedback Policy (FOI)
Government of Jersey Customer Feedback Policy (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 31 December 2021.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
I would be grateful to receive a copy of the Jersey Hospital Customer Feedback Policy.
I would also be grateful if you could confirm the following:
When was the Customer Feedback Policy first introduced?
Who was consulted on its formulation?
Does if follow NHS practice?
Was it reviewed and approved for its impartiality by independent parties and if so by whom?
What is the appeals process if a complainant is not happy with the Hospital's response?
The Jersey Hospital operates under the Government of Jersey Customer Feedback Policy.
It was first introduced in October 2019.
A series of workshops took place where a number of attendees from the below departments were engaged and consulted on the creation of the policy:
- Customer and Local Services
- Health and Community Services
- Growth, Housing and Environment
- Treasury and Exchequer
- Strategic Policy, Performance and Population
- Justice and Home Affairs
- Chief Operating Office
- Office of the Chief Executive
- Children, Young People, Education and Skills
As well as focused workshops, teams across Government of Jersey were invited to provide feedback on the policy as part of its development. These areas included:
- Chief of Staff
- Financial Services and Digital Economy
- External Relations
- People and Corporate Services
- Commercial Services
- Modernisation and Digital
- Customer Services
- Customer Operations
- Local Services
- Children's Services
- Skills Jersey
- Youth Service
- Revenue Jersey
- Jersey General Hospital
- Community Services
- Chief Nurse
- Health Modernisation
- Economy and Partnerships
- Natural Environment
- Operations and Transport
- Property and Special Projects
- Public Protection and Law Enforcement
- Customs and Immigration
- Criminal Justice and Offender Management
- Corporate Planning and Performance
- Strategy and Innovation
- Law Officers’ Department
- States Greffe
External to the Government of Jersey;
- feedback was received from the Office of the Children’s Commissioner
- informal advice was sought from Citizen’s Advice Bureau and Caritas
Presentations were made to:
- Government of Jersey Senior Leaders Group
- Government of Jersey Executive Leadership Team
- The States Employment Board
- The Council of Ministers
The NHS guidelines that were in use at the time of creating the policy were followed as closely as possible – particularly around consent and confidentiality.
The policy was reviewed and approved by the States Employment Board and the Council of Ministers.
A complaint can be escalated through the stages set out in the attached Government of Jersey
Government of Jersey
If the Government of Jersey complaints process attached has been completed and issues have not been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, the next stage is independent external review by the States of Jersey Complaints Panel.
Please refer to the Government of Jersey Customer Feedback Policy for further information. Customer Feedback Policy