Kim Hodgson interviews and reports (FOI)
Kim Hodgson interviews and reports (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 08 July 2022.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
From 2017 to the present date, please list:
All the roles that Kim Hodgson has sat on the interview panel for, and the name of the appointed individual.
The names and dates, and costs of all reports produced by Kim Hodgson for the Government of Jersey, and please provide copies of the same (redacted, if appropriate).
All the interview panels that have included Kim Hodgson are in the public domain, but for clarity:
Isobel Watson - Chief Social Worker
Professor Ashok Handa – Our Hospital Clinical Lead
Professor John McInerney – Group Medical Director
Dr. Cheryl Power - Associate Chief for Allied Health
James Mason – General Manager (Medical Services Care Group)
Caroline Landon – Director General of Health and Community Services
A list of the reports produced by Improving Performance Consultancy has been disclosed previously and can be found here:
Use of Improving Performance Consultancy FOI (gov.je)
Therefore, Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied as the information is accessible via other means.
Payments were made based on day's activity, irrespective of what activity was being undertaken, and as such the cost of individual reports is not held. Therefore, Article 3 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied.
A previous FOI response disclosed the following redacted reports:
- Dermatology Report
- SoJ MHASC Care Group Workforce Plan
- SoJ Oncology Service Report
Kim Hodgson Interview panels and reports FOI (gov.je)
As these reports are already published and accessible by other means, Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied.
To redact and prepare the reports not previously disclosed, as requested, would take a considerable amount of time as an Officer would need to review the reports, consider the application of exemptions and process the reports. Therefore, Article 16 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied as to respond to this request would take longer than the timescale as prescribed in the regulations.
Article 3 - Meaning of "information held by a public authority"
For the purposes of this Law, information is held by a public authority if –
(a) it is held by the authority, otherwise than on behalf of another person; or
(b) it is held by another person on behalf of the authority.
Article 16 - A scheduled public authority may refuse to supply information if cost excessive
(1) A scheduled public authority that has been requested to supply information may refuse to supply the information if it estimates that the cost of doing so would exceed an amount determined in the manner prescribed by Regulations.
(2) Despite paragraph (1), a scheduled public authority may still supply the information requested on payment to it of a fee determined by the authority in the manner prescribed by Regulations for the purposes of this Article.
(3) Regulations may provide that, in such circumstances as the Regulations prescribe, if two or more requests for information are made to a scheduled public authority –
(a) by one person; or
(b) by different persons who appear to the scheduled public authority to be acting in concert or in pursuance of a campaign, the estimated cost of complying with any of the requests is to be taken to be the estimated total cost of complying with all of them.
Article 23 - Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.