Staff job titles and grades (FOI)
Staff job titles and grades (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 04 October 2022.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
It is noted that in the last published figures, there were:
- 261 people employed in the Chief Operating Office;
- 78 people employed in the office of the chief executive; and
- 96 people employed in strategic policy, planning and performance
Please provide a list of all job titles for each of the three categories listed above identifying the job title / department / salary grade.
If more than one person has that job title, please indicate how many employees have that job title in that department. Therefore, the relevant answer should be easily reconcilable back to the above published numbers. Please ensure the note of the salary grade for each job clearly identifies to which job title each pay grade relates.
We believe the figures stated in the request are from the States of Jersey Annual Report and Accounts 2021 (p272).
States of Jersey 2021 Annual Report and Accounts (gov.je)
The data provided below is correct as of 30 August 2022.
Due to the low numbers involved in some roles, a breakdown of staff roles and their respective grades would likely identify individuals. Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied.
To provide a meaningful response please see the tables attached for each department. The first table states job titles and headcount, the second, pay grades and headcount by department.
All figures stated exclude zero hours staff.
Staff job titles and grades (pdf)
Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance:
Strategic Planning, Policy and Performance is the sponsor department for several professionally or functionally independent functions, including Statistics Jersey, Public Health, Official Analyst, a number of Arm's Length Bodies (such as the Children's Commission, Care Commission and Safeguarding Partnership Board) and Covid 19 Response and Vaccination. These latter functions do not form part of departmental Full Time Equivalent allocation.
Headcount information is presented in a way which is consistent with the annual report. The attached table includes the central department along with Statistics Jersey, Public Health and Official Analyst posts.
Please note, in relation to all pay grade tables, the meaning of the following abbreviations and acronyms:
Staff that are Doctors and/or Consultants.
General civil service staff.
Staff that are Nurses or Midwives.
Staff that are under contract but are not currently in receipt of pay. Reasons for this may include sabbatical or extended unpaid periods of parental leave or ill health.
Senior Leadership Tier/Team.
Staff that sit outside of the standard grade scale for that staff group.
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
3) In determining for the purposes of this Article whether the lawfulness principle in Article 8(1)(a) of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 would be contravened by the disclosure of information, paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 2 to that Law (legitimate interests) is to be read as if sub-paragraph (b) (which disapplies the provision where the controller is a public authority) were omitted.