Lease and rent in relation to Jersey Tourism offices at Liberty Wharf (FOI)
Lease and rent in relation to Jersey Tourism offices at Liberty Wharf (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 22 January 2016.
1. What year was the lease entered for the Jersey Tourism Offices at Liberty Wharf?
2. The square footage?
3. The annual rent paid from year one to 2015?
4. Total rent paid since commencement of lease?
5. When does lease finish?
1. A 21 year contract sublease from Islands Development Limited to the Public of the Island for the property known as Liberty Wharf which contains the “Jersey Tourism Offices” commenced on 1 July 2007, and was passed in the Royal Court on 13 July 2007.
A copy of the contract lease can be found in the public registry. The “Public Registry Index and Document Enrolment” (PRIDE) system can be accessed either at the Public Registry, in the basement of the States building, or at the Jersey Archive.
2. The square footage for the whole building is 6,198 sq ft.
3. The annual rental paid since the sublease commencement in 2007 is listed below:
|2007 to 2008||£109,300|
|2008 to 2009||£109,300|
|2009 to 2010||£109,300|
|2010 to 2011||£117,705|
|2011 to 2012||£117,705|
|2012 to 2013||£117,705|
|2013 to 2014||£125,518|
|2014 to 2015||£125,518|
|2015 to 2016||£125,518|
4. The total rent paid since the commencement of the lease is £1,057,569 (see above).
5. The lease termination date is 30 June 2028.
The terms of the sublease includes the option for the public to break the sublease with effect from 1 July 2016.
The public has exercised this option in accordance with the terms of the sublease.