Ministers visits to and meetings with representatives of the Israeli Government (FOI)
Ministers visits to and meetings with representatives of the Israeli Government (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 22 January 2016.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Could you provide details of meetings held between Ministers of the Government of Jersey with representatives of the Israeli government over the past five years?
In so far as is possible to do so, could you please list which Ministers have visited Israel on Government business, when they did so and who they met?
Former Senator Freddie Cohen, Senator Ozouf, Senator Maclean and Senator Gorst have all met with former Israeli Ambassador to the UK, His Excellency Daniel Taub.
In February 2014, Senator Maclean met with the Minister of Economy, Naftali Bennett.
Senator Farnham, Connetable Pallet, and Deputy Norton met the Head of Economic and Trade Mission from the Israeli Embassy in May 2015.
The Chief Minister met the Counsellor for Civil Society Affairs from the Embassy of Israel in August 2015.
In May 2011, Senator Alan Maclean and former Senator Freddie Cohen visited Israel and met the following representatives of the Israeli Government:
- Danny Ayalon, Deputy Foreign Minister of the State of Israel
- Yitzak Cohen, Deputy Finance Minister
- Director General, Ministry of Finance
- Deputy Director, Ministry of Public Diplomacy
- Foreign Trade Spokesman, Ministry of Trade
In May 2012, Senator Maclean visited Israel and met with the following representatives of the Israeli Government:
- Deputy Director General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Director of Renewables and Alternative Energy, Ministry of Trade
In December 2013, Senator Gorst visited Israel and met with the following representatives of the Israeli Government:
- Shimon Perez, former President
- Senior Economic Advisor to the Minister of the Economy and the Director of the Europe Department, Foreign Trade Administration