Environmental Health inspections of damp or mould categories (FOI)
Environmental Health inspections of damp or mould categories (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 03 May 2023.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Environmental and Consumer Protection (ECP) section
A recent FOI noted that " Reports of damp and or mould are recorded against a number of different categories on the ECP systems".
Please list the categories which might be used to record these.
As detailed in the referenced Freedom of Information response any issues regarding damp and mould may not be recorded as the primary issue on the system used by the Housing and Nuisance team, within Environmental and Consumer Protection (ECP).
A copy of this response is linked below:
Environmental Health inspections of damp or mould (FOI)
Complaints and enquiries in relation to damp and / or mould may also be found in the following categories if they have been identified as a secondary issue:
- Premises prejudicial to health
- Commercial nuisance
- Residential Tenancy Inquiry
- Minimum Standards
- Water Disconnection
- Safeguarding and or Self Neglect
- General Advice
- Rent Safe (Accredited landlord, accredited letting agent, accredited managing agent, accredited staff accommodation, managing agent and registered landlord)
- Lodging House.
It should be noted that some issues regarding damp and or mould are only discovered during the course of an ECP investigation into other matters.
The Housing and Nuisance team also maintain records under the following categories, while it is unlikely that these categories will contain reports of damp and or mould these have been included as there may be rare occasions where they have been recorded:
- Accumulation of Deposit
- Animal, Bird, Insect, and similar
- Domestic Water Supply Contamination
- Dust and similar. Agricultural
- Dust and similar. Industrial Premises
- Dust and similar. Trade and or Business Premises
- Fumes or Gas
- My Deposits.