Email correspondence - Health Minister and Deputy Southern (FOI)
Email correspondence - Health Minister and Deputy Southern (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 12 June 2023.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Please supply copies of all emails between the Health Minister (Deputy Karen Wilson) and Deputy Geoff Southern dated from July 2022 up to and including 3rd March 2023.
Please also check for any emails containing the words Health Insurance Fund, HIF, Scrutiny, Bailhache, Ward, Howell, officers and Landon., in any emails from Deputy Geoff Southern and Deputy Karen Wilson to other people during this same time frame.
Correspondence between Deputy Wilson and Deputy Southern is attached.
The second part of the request seeking all emails from either Deputy Wilson or Deputy Southern containing keywords, as specified, returned a significant volume of correspondence. In line with the duty of a Scheduled Public Authority to advise and assist, to ensure the most comprehensive response possible could be provided within the time cost limits allowed for Freedom of Information requests, the keyword searches were refined to searches of email subject fields. The in-scope email correspondence identified is attached.
All correspondence has been redacted for the purpose of applying exemptions in line with Freedom of Information legislation.
Article 25 (Personal Information) of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied to protect the privacy of individuals, and redactions based on this exemption can be seen in yellow.
Article 26 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied in respect of information supplied in confidence.
Article 28 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied in respect of information covered under States Assembly privileges.
Duplicates, and emails or attachments that are entirely exempt, have been removed.
States Members in their private capacity (i.e., non-ministerial or committee) do not fall under the remit of Freedom of Information legislation, as States Members in their private capacity are not considered a Scheduled Public Authority for the purposes of the Law.
Correspondence By Keyword_Redacted.pdf
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
Article 26 - Information supplied in confidence
Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it was obtained by the scheduled public authority from another person (including another public authority); and
(b) the disclosure of the information to the public by the scheduled public authority holding it would constitute a breach of confidence actionable by that or any other person.
Article 28 -States Assembly privileges
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if exemption from the obligation to disclose it under this Law is required to avoid an infringement of the privileges of the States Assembly.
(2) Except as provided by paragraph (3), a certificate signed by the Greffier of the States certifying that exemption is required to avoid an infringement of the privileges of the States Assembly is conclusive evidence of that fact.
(3) A person aggrieved by the decision of the Greffier of the States to issue a certificate under paragraph (2) may appeal to the Royal Court on the grounds that the Greffier did not have reasonable grounds for issuing the certificate.
(4) The decision of the Royal Court on the appeal shall be final.