2023 Exam results for students registered as SEN (FOI)
2023 Exam results for students registered as SEN (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 25 October 2023.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Pleae provide the GSCE and iGSCE results for 2023 by school for all students that are registered as SEN (Special Educational Needs). This is to include Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and so forth.
Please show the results by school for those students that have a RoN (Record of Needs). Please also include La Passerelle, La Sente and Mont a L'abbe School.
Please also provide the number of GSCEs and iGSCE taken by each SEN student at each school and the grades.
Students that are registered as SEN (Special Educational Needs) are categorised in the following areas of need (a student may have more than one type of need):
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Impairment
- Moderate Learning Difficulty
- Multi-Sensory Impairment
- Other Difficulty/Disability
- Physical Disability and/or Medical
- Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulty
- Severe Learning Difficulty
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Specific Learning Difficulty
- Speech, Language or Communication Need
- Visual Impairment
Table 1 attached represents GCSE and iGCSE results for students in Year 11 in 2023.
It should be noted that students may have sat the exam in an earlier year.
The extract also considers GCSE's and examinations that are considered to be the equivalent of GCSE’s.
The data is currently provisional as it is still subject to quality assurance.
This table does not include data from La Passerelle as this is not held in a recorded format. The Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 gives a right to request information that is held in recorded form. Article 3 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 applies.
Tables 2 and 3 attached represent results by school for those students that have a RoN (Record of Needs). This data also includes students from La Passerelle, La Sente and Mont a L'abbe School and the number of GSCEs and iGSCE taken by each SEN student at each school and the grade.
The Department has determined that to provide figures fewer than five would likely breach the privacy of individuals therefore disclosure control has been applied under Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) 2011 Law.
Article 3 - Meaning of “information held by a public authority”
For the purposes of this Law, information is held by a public authority if –
(a) it is held by the authority, otherwise than on behalf of another person; or
(b) it is held by another person on behalf of the authority.
Article 25 - Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.
3) In determining for the purposes of this Article whether the lawfulness principle in Article 8(1)(a) of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 would be contravened by the disclosure of information, paragraph 5(1) of Schedule 2 to that Law (legitimate interests) is to be read as if sub-paragraph (b) (which disapplies the provision where the controller is a public authority) were omitted.