Jersey Innovation Fund (FOI)
Jersey Innovation Fund (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 25 May 2016.
Please can you provide information on each loan or grant given out by the Jersey Innovation Fund since it started in 2014:
To whom the money was paid
The purpose of each grant/loan
The amount paid to each recipient
How much of each loan has been paid back.
Stumpydog Innovations Ltd, Totally Billing Solutions Ltd, Snap Ring Joint Limited, Logfiller Ltd, Sideplay Entertainment Limited and Proviz Limited.
The purpose of each grant or loan is to provide working capital to enable the applicant to:
- Stumpydog Innovations Ltd: complete the development of and distribute a new playpen for babies
- Total Billing Solutions Ltd: support the development of a medical billing system for businesses operating within the health care sector in Jersey and the UK
- Snap Ring Joint Limited: support the development and commercialisation of a pipeline coupling for connecting and repairing pipelines, specifically in the oil and gas sector
- Logfiller Ltd: support the development and distribution of a computer software solution that measures the actual user experience and system use
- Sideplay Entertainment Limited: support the development and distribution of Instant Win Games (IWG) content to online gaming operators and lottery organisations
- Proviz Limited: support the company develop and distribute high visibility sportswear and accessories into international markets
C and D
FOI exemption applied
Article 33(b) - Commercial interest - prejudice commercial interests
Information is qualified exempt information if – (b) its disclosure would, or would be likely to, prejudice the commercial interests of a person (including the scheduled public authority holding the information).
Justification for exemption
Having considered the public interest, the Public Authority's decision is to withhold the information.