Vehicles with P30 licences (FOI)
Vehicles with P30 licences (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 27 May 2016.
Number of vehicles with P30 licences issued per year over the last five years.
A breakdown of the number of vehicles in each category below (which may have overlaps, i.e. one vehicle may fall into one or more categories) with current P30 licences:
- vehicles or trailers over 7ft 6.5ins (2.3m) wide
- rigid vehicles over 30ft 6ins (9.3m) long
- articulated vehicles over 36ft 1in (11m) long
- trailers (draw bar type) over 22ft (6.7m) long
- vehicles with a maximum axle weight over 10,500 kg (23,148 lbs)
- vehicles with a gross weight over 32 metric tons (70,548 lbs)
Departmental procedures for checking that P30 vehicles are not overloaded.
|Year||Number of vehicles issued with P30 licences|
|2016||708 (as at 25 May 2016)|
The Department for Infrastructure has determined that this information is exempt under Article 16 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011, as it is estimated that it will take in excess of 12.5 hours to collect the information.
If a vehicle is suspected of being overloaded either through being stopped by the States of Jersey Police or a Driver and Vehicle Standards Traffic Officer, the vehicle is taken under police escort to the nearest available certified weighbridge to be weighed.
If found to be overloaded, it is unloaded to bring it within weight and the offence is reported.
Article 16: A scheduled public authority may refuse to supply information if cost excessive
(1) A scheduled public authority that has been requested to supply information may refuse to supply the information if it estimates that the cost of doing so would exceed any fee of an amount determined in the manner prescribed by Regulations for the purposes of Article 15.