Employees who have served prison sentences (FOI)
Employees who have served prison sentences (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 15 September 2016.
I would like to ask:
- how many ex-offenders are currently working for the States of Jersey? Include all departments
Please could you specify:
- the number of ex-offenders currently working for the States who have served time in Jersey's prison
- the number of ex-offenders currently working for the States who have served time in prisons outside of Jersey
- the total number of ex-offenders currently working for the States
- the number of ex-offenders who have been recruited each year starting from 2000 to 2016
- percentage of ex-offenders currently working in each department
- list of crimes committed by current employees
- longest length of prison time served amongst current employees
- total number of ex-offenders ever employed by the States
- percentage and number of ex-offenders currently working for the States who got job through 'Back to Work Recruitment' scheme run by Social Security
We have considered your request and regret that we cannot answer your questions on the basis that it exceeds the cost limit provisions set down by Article 16 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011.
Article 16 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 states:
A scheduled public authority may refuse to supply information if the cost of doing so exceeds 12.5 hours.
It is estimated that collecting the information requested falls outside this cost time limit and the request is refused.
However, if you were able to reframe your questions, we may be able to answer some aspects of your enquiry. However, some of your data requests may not be met because either they would still exceed the cost limit provisions or the data is not held because an employee or applicant is not required to declare it under the Jersey Rehabilitation of Offenders Law 2001.